The purpose of this document is to provide clarity about how the certificates are issued and used by DSBWorldWide, Inc. employees, partnered health department officials, and external entities.
Food handler certificates are issued to students seeking food handler education upon completion of the food handler course.
- "Certificate" – defined as a document issued after academic study of online course material and successful completion of online exam.
- "Certificate issuance" – defined as the act of delivering a certificate via Food Handler Classes online food handler training service.
- "Certificate usage" – understood to mean the intended use of the certificate by the food handler client/student with regards to regulatory health official's requirements.
- "Successful completion" – understood to mean the receipt of a passing score or percentage upon completion of the online exam, the baseline of which is defined by partnered health department officials, state laws or regulations, and/or legislative documents.
Course completion and certificate issuance
Course completion and certificate issuance are based upon several factors:
- Client / Student has properly signed-up and completed their profile
- Client / Student has purchased the course in need or entered codes from a group order made on their behalf
- Client / Student has read and studied all course material.
- Sections are marked "Studied" when the timer for that section has counted down to "0", zero.
- When all sections are marked "Studied", then the Client / Student can continue forward with the course.
- Exam Course
- Client / Student will have 2 opportunities to pass the exam
- Client / Student must pass the exam with a 74.7% or greater score
- Client / Student in the State of California must pass the exam with a 70% or greater score
- Once Client / Student has passed the exam, they will then be issued a certificate.
- The Client / Student can access the certificate for viewing / printing any time during the life of the certificate.
- Once the certificate has expired, the Client / Student will have to purchase and pass the course again before accessing their new FoodHandlerClasses.com certificate
- Please Note: Certificate use is defined and dictated by partnered health department officials, state or local laws or regulations, and /or legislative documents.
- DSBWorldWide, Inc. dba FoodHandlerClasses.com does not grant credentials or acronyms to any individual successfully completing any of its certificate programs.
- Students must present their certificate to their employer. A copy of the certificate is to be kept at the employee's place of business.
- Students may print their food handler certificates upon completion of the course from their account.
- Students use their food handler certificate to provide proof of satisfactory completion of the food handler safety course to their employer and health department.
- Students may reprint their certificate from foodhandlerclasses.com at anytime while their certificate is valid. Sample reasons for reprinting their certificate would be: change of employment or lost certificate.
Last updated: 9/19/2016